90017 California, United States
Sound like the job for you?
Armed Security Officer
We are looking for armed guards to fill our multiple positions around Los Angeles County. We have multiple contracts that cover multiple locations throughout the city. The posts vary, but the job description for each is as follows:
- Responds to unusual or emergency situations at client’s site using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- General: Law Enforcement Experience, Military Experience, Pacific West Academy Graduate, Reliable Transportation, U.S. Citizenship.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time.
- Permits & Licenses: Exposed Firearms Permit, Guard Card.