Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Resume Privacy Options
- Cookies and Third-party Advertisers
- Update Your Account Information
- Links to Other Websites
- International Data Transfers
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Some Important Tips To Use When Dealing With Prospective Employers
- California Residents
- Children’s Privacy
- How to Contact Us
Information We CollectWe may obtain information about you from various sources, including our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Sites.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Sites.
- ayment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you buy products on our Sites.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites. We do this in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
How We Use the Information We CollectWe may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Sites.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Sites.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce our Sites’ Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Additionally, we may combine certain non-personally identifiable aggregate data about our users and use such anonymous aggregate data to prepare reports for our users (typically employers or educators). “Aggregate Data" is the demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. For example, an employer may purchase a report from Guard Source One that states the number of accountants with at least five year’s experience that live within a certain geographic area. All such reports sold only contain aggregate data which cannot be used to identify any individuals.
Other than instances where users opt to publicly post their Personal Information to our resume database, provide it via a job application, include it in a job posting or otherwise provide permission to share it, we do not sell our users' Personal Information to anyone for any reason. When posting jobs and resumes, our users decide for themselves how much contact information they wish to display. All users should be aware, however, that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Sites or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages, for which Guard Source One is not responsible, from third parties.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Guard Source One also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Guard Source One or other users of the Sites.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of Guard Source One.
Resume Privacy OptionsPosting your resume on the Sites puts you in front of thousands of employers with open positions each day. When you post your resume, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Sites in the future you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing resume.
This option gives you the most visibility to the broadest employer audience possible by making your resume searchable in our resume database. If you select this option, any registered employer user who purchases access to the database can view your resume and contact details (to the extent you include them in your resume)
Private Posting For Apply Online Only
This option allows you to post your resume on the Sites without having it searchable by or viewable to employers. The benefit is that you can quickly and easily apply for jobs without retyping your information, and you provide your resume only to those employers you are specifically interested in.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However, employers, recruiters and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your resume.
About Cookies and Third Party AdvertisersA “cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon," is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared. These companies may use information about your visits to these Sites and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Sites or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Sites using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and Guard Source One encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. Guard Source One does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers.
To help prevent and limit the automatic collection of information by any participating third party advertisers, you may opt-out of such collection by clicking the Ad Choices icon located within the ad, by accessing the “about ads" opt-out site, or by accessing the NAI opt-out site.Please note that this opt-out is cookie-based. If you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete this cookie, you will need to perform the opt-out task again. To obtain instructions regarding deleting or disabling cookies from third party advertising companies that are not members of the About Ads or NAI self-regulatory behavioral ad opt-out groups, please click here.
In addition, some of the employers that use our Sites may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, employers use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants. To obtain guidance regarding deleting or disabling cookies, please click here.
Update Your Account InformationYou may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online account at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. You may also delete your resume from our resume database at any time by logging in to your account and deleting the resume. Deleting your resume will remove it from your account and from the resume database, however; if you have applied to a job in the past, that particular employer will still be able to access your resume. Further, you will not be able to delete data held by third parties, such as prospective employers, that have already accessed and downloaded your information or resume.
Links to Other WebsitesOur Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by Guard Source One. In addition, if you are using our App through a social networking site, remember that our Apps may be served by or hosted by other sites. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by Guard Source One, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
International Data TransfersWhen we obtain Personal Information about you, we may process and store the information outside of the country in which you are located, including in the United States. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. Further, users who access your information, such as potential employers, also may be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information.
When we obtain Personal Information about you, we may process and store the information outside of the country in which you are located, including in the United States. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. Further, users who access your information, such as potential employers, also may be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information. http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. You may also contact us directly to learn more about this certification.
Guard Source One has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Guard Source One, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
How We Protect Personal InformationGuard Source One maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Guard Source One account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your Guard Source One account user name or password via email.
Some Important Tips To Use When Dealing With Prospective Employers
- You should use your own careful judgment about whether and what information to provide prospective employers.
- DO NOT PUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION, SUCH AS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, ON YOUR RESUME.
- Guard Source One’s Sites are open to the public, and we cannot guarantee that all users of our services have a legitimate need to the information they seek.
- Do not provide your social security number, national identification number or any state, provincial or other local identification number to a prospective employer via online application. Identity thieves may attempt to trick you into providing sensitive information. Do not provide any non-work related personal information (i.e., your social security number or any other state or national identification number, eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
- Job seekers should never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort.
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.